No actual fruit here. Just that flavor, the color of Koolaid and watermelon on a summer day. Cool indeed because it is a rayon knit that feels cool in any weather. I just wanted to make this dress because I had a feeling for something wild and fun. The colors of the fabric spoke to me and I just went with the design. This t-shirt dress look was made back in February, but I just hadn’t remembered to blog about it until now that I am doing another “Wardrobe Fit-Along” The Knit Tee-Shirt. I added the fun flirty “bell” sleeves as another way to show off the double sided qualities that got me to fall in love with this fabric in the first place.
I couldn’t decide which side of the fabric to use since it’s a reversible double sided rayon/lycra. It was a dream to sew and even more so a dream to wear. It’s not hot nor heavy. I bought it from “Sew Much Fabric, sold out, but here are a few others that are in cue for me to sew during my Sew-To-Fit Along that I am participating in with my “IRL” and Online sewing groups.
The pattern was a Bootstrap pattern basic….a jersey dress sloper. I changed the hem and the sleeves to get the bottom flounce and the bell sleeves. Such a fun look. The neckline wasn’t included in the pattern layout since it was just a sloper. I cut the neckline to my desired size and shape based on my own measurements, and finished it off with a 5/8″ neckband. For the hems, I just folded the fabric over twice and stitched in place. Since it is a two-sided fabric, that created the bias bound contrast I wanted.
So, in the case only, being two-faced is a good thing. Have you ever sewn with two sided fabric, how did you maximize its beauty?
SEW-To-FIT the BUTT Workshop This Week!!!! Is your skirt hiking up in the back, does your store bought dress hang too long in the front?
FREE CUSTOM PDF Skirt Pattern Included!!!!
By popular demand, my most requested and sought after lesson and youtube tutorial!!! —
THE FULL BUTT Adjustment and how to keep your dress or skirt hems even in the back!! is now available as a fully interactive live online workshop!!! Don’t Miss Out!!!
You need this if you have an issue with your skirt or dress being shorter in back when you sew it for yourself or when you buy one from the store. Your Size Does not Matter…Curvy or otherwise, we all have this problem.
What you will learn:
- Multiple ways to solve your issues.
- All skirt styles will be covered, including the dreaded circle skirt and skirt with a yoke.
- Step-by-step directions for each technique will be demonstrated and explained with practice skirts for you to try yourself.
- All handouts will be provided to you for use during the workshop as well as for practice afterwards.
- Understand how patterns are designed so you can become well informed and learn your options.
WHEN– Saturday, July 9th @ 2pm Central Standard Time
Reserve your spot early….seats are limited!
WHERE– In your lap….on your PC!!! And later you keep the video.
For signing up for this workshop….all my students will receive—
- A FREE PDF Pattern- Customized to your own personalized measurements.
- You get to keep ALL your class videos to download and review anytime.
- All the handouts used during class.
- A 50% off a personalized One-on-one Skype fitting session with me to be redeemed anytime up to 60 days after you take the live class.
HOW do you sign up you say???
Why do you need a FULL BUTT Adjustment…. If you sew or are trying to learn to fit your clothes, it is the same reason you would need a FULL Bust Adjustment?