The fabric was this new stuff that has been showing up all over the place, “Bengaline” sold by StyleArc, JoAnns and also Hancock. I got mine at Hancock. It really is extremely stretchy. Not easy to topstitch if you go across the “grain” or across the direction of the stretch.
This fabric is so new to me. It takes some getting used to, in order to stable on the different cross seams and topstitching. I’m really not too fond of it right now. But, we shall see. I got a little more for some other projects.
I know you couldn’t wait to see the back!!! That is the main reason we read about peoples pants post..to see if the butt fits. LOL…yes, me too, I have no shame.
The pattern is your basic leggings, but cut with the front and back which has the side seam…not the quick version. The knee is sewn with a couple pleats on the outer and inner seam to give it the padded look. I had to sew out most of the ease. However, I could do too much, I had to leave the pants slightly loose, otherwise, I would not be able to walk because of the cross seaming over the legs and knees.
I may make them again after a tad bit more tweaking in the legs. The back leg seam cuts into my leg, and the calf section is too tight.